Calm Kids - How to Children Meditation
10am - 5pm
Calm Kids – learn how to teach children meditation – Sunday 1st September 2013
This is a special 1-day practical workshop run by Lorraine Murray – author of the international, best selling book “Calm Kids – help children relax with mindful activities”.
The course is suitable for anyone who has or works with children and is interested in teaching them meditation. The course is for adults only and there places are limited to 10.
This course will help you:-
- Understand how stress affects the mind, body and emotions
- Learn how meditation can bring children benefits for stress symptoms
- Understand the benefits to children of learning meditation
- Understand what meditation is and the most appropriate levels of meditation to use with children
- Learn how to set up a meditation space suitable for children
- Understand the basic differences in teaching children meditation of different ages
- Through Self Awareness and its role in teaching meditation
- Develop a written meditation script for use with children
- Learn and practise delivering meditations for children
- Have an awareness of how to help children meditate for their long term health and wellbeing (and the benefits to siblings/family members too)
- Useful information - techniques for children with ADHD or autism.
The cost of the course is £145 and includes a copy of the book Calm Kids. Full details and online booking are available on http://ilovefgt.com/courses/calmkids/beginners/