Dr. Susan Ellis ~ Clinical Psychologist + Geropsychologist
Dr. Susan Ellis is a compassionate Clinical Psychologist and Geropsychologist with over nine years of experience working in private practice and hospital settings. She has worked extensively with people experiencing a wide range of mental health concerns and has a special interest in working with people experiencing psychological issues in the context of long-term medical conditions.
Susan has a gentle therapeutic style and works from a compassion focused approach to create a safe, non-judgemental, and supportive environment enabling you to openly discuss your concerns. She works with you to help you gain an understanding of your current difficulties and how these impact on your life. Using evidence-based therapies, tailored to individual needs, Susan works collaboratively with you to identify helpful ways to manage these difficulties and make the changes you desire, to improve the quality of your life.
Susan is committed to providing high quality psychological care and maintains her expertise and professionalism through continuing professional development, clinical and peer supervision, and scientific research.
Susan offers sessions for both individual therapy and group therapy (e.g., Stress Management, Sleep Improvement, Mindfulness, Coping with Chronic Illness).
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Geropsychology, University of Queensland (2014)
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (Psychology), University of New England (2011)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology, Philosophy), University of New England (2009)
REGISTRATION + PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- The Health and Care Professions Council, Practitioner Psychologist
- The British Psychological Society, Chartered Psychologist
- The British Psychosocial Oncology Society, Member
- The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Clinical Psychologist
- The Australian Psychological Society, Member
- The Australian Psychological Society Clinical College, Fellow
- The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Clinical Supervisor
- Registered with The Health and Care Professions Council, United Kingdom
We offer a comprehensive range of therapies to help you get the support you need. Follow the links below to explore some of our options. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Counselling + Psychotherapy Homeopathy Integrative Counselling Johansen Individualised Auditory Stimulation