FRIDAY 12.30-1.30PM *New Class*
With JAHNA CLARK
Essential Somatic Movements are gentle, yet profoundly effective floor based neuromuscular movements that retrain your brain to release chronic muscle tension – one of the most common causes of stiffness and muscular pain.
Features of these classes
* The root cause of most chronic muscle tension and pain – Sensory Motor Amnesia (SMA) and how to reverse it
* Learn the most effective Essential Somatic Movements to release muscular tension from the back, neck, shoulders and hips
* The difference between pandiculation (a method that enables you to release and lengthen muscles safely) and stretching
* How your movement habits and the way all humans respond reflexively to stress contributes to low back pain, neck, shoulder and hip pain
* Relax, reduce stress and improve your breathing.
* Increase flexibility and mobility.
* Develop greater internal awareness of your body and how you move.
Who are these Class Series for?
If you’re experiencing ongoing muscle tension, stiffness and/or muscular pain (back, neck, shoulders, hips) and love the idea of learning gentle, mindful movements to ease your own tension. With regular practise they will help you feel more
relaxed, supple and able to move with greater ease. They’re also a wonderful complement to your yoga or fitness practice and will help you to continue doing all the things you love (gardening, walking).
£100 – 10 Week Term