John has worked for over fourteen years in NHS Adult Mental Health Clinical Psychology and Psychological Therapies services as a Clinical Associate (in Applied Psychology). Before then he worked with children and young people in the care and education sector.
In 2011, John was selected to help train and coach others in Motivational Interviewing, working as part of the National MI Coaching Group, an NHS initiative to tackle alcohol use in Scotland
He worked as Consultant Psychological Therapist with Veterans First Point Scotland between 2014 and 2016, an NHS-led initiative to develop psychological services for military veterans and their families across Scotland.
Typically, John helps people with anxiety and depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, health anxiety and post-traumatic stress. He has a particular interest in insomnia as well as applying psychological principles to other areas such as performance-related improvement in sports or business matters.
He offers a discreet, highly professional psychology and psychotherapy service including:
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Clinical Hypnosis.
- MA (Hons) Psychology. Edinburgh University
- MSc Psychological Therapy. Universities of Dundee and Stirling
- SVQ-III Caring for Children and Young People
- Post-Graduate Certificate (Distinction) Clinical Hypnosis. London College of Clinical Hypnosis and University of West London