Dr Richard Cosway is a clinical psychologist with over 15 experience of working in the NHS. He draws on different therapies to successfully help clients address mental health and psychological problems, such as anxiety, depression and low self esteem. He also has specialist experience in working with people who suffer from psychological problems alongside medical problems such as chronic fatigue, stroke, diabetes or HIV.
Richard works with clients to help them understand how different patterns of relationships, behaviour and beliefs can influence their mental and physical health. He has experience of working with different age groups ranging from teenagers to older people. He is trained in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) which are the evidence based psychological therapies.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Edinburgh. (2003 – 2006)
- Master of Science by Research, University of Edinburgh. (2001 – 2003)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Edinburgh. (1993 – 1997)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Chartered by the British Psychological Society.